Welcome to Kings Bay on the shores of Lake Scugog
|KBRA Golf Tournanment/BBQ||Sept 09, 2017 (Sept 10 rain date)|
- NEW - Beach Water Quality at Palmer Park in Port Perry - Water Samples Tests Show Presence of Blue Green Algae in Lake Scugog - Kinsmen Beach Area The Township of Scugog has been advised by the Durham Region Health Department and by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) of the presence of a bloom of blue-green algae in water samples taken from the Kinsmen Beach area of Lake Scugog. Laboratory test results were received from the Ontario MOECC on July 25. As a precaution, a public advisory has been issued for the areas of Kinsmen Beach and to the south of the beach, while the Ministry continues testing for the toxin levels in the algae bloom. The Region of Durham has advised that people can protect themselves and their pets from blue-green algae blooms by not swimming or playing in areas where water is discoloured or where foam, scum or mats of algae on the water’s surface are present. Children or pets should not play in or drink water in areas where a beach advisory posted. Consuming fish from areas where mats of algae are present or where a swimming advisory is posted is also not advisable. “The Township of Scugog is working with Durham Region Health Department to ensure that the public is aware of the concerns surrounding the presence of blue-green algae in the Kinsmen Beach area,” said Mayor Tom Rowett. “We’ll continue to monitor the situation and provide more information as results from testing of more water samples become available.” For more information about blue-green algae or the Health Department’s Beach Monitoring program, please visit durham.ca/beaches, or call the Environmental Help Line at 905-723-3818 or 1-888-777-9613.(CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ARTICLE ONLINE)
- UPDATED - 2017 KBRA Annual Golf Tournament and BBQ - mark your calendars for Saturday September 9th (Sept 10 rain date). Registration is due by August 29, 2017. Please (CLICK HERE) to download the reistration form and return to Mike Swartz, 213 Southcrest Drive.
- 2017 KBRA Annual General Meeting Minutes - to view the minutes from the AGM on May 10, 2017(CLICK HERE)
- UPDATED - Bottle Drive Results - Below are the results of the Bottle Drive. We will update this every month, along with a running Total. Thanks for giving ! Remember to put out all returnable wine, beer(bottles and cans), and liquor bottles at the end of your driveway by Tuesday noon for pickup between 1 & 3 pm
- Hospital Renovation - The Port Perry Hospital Auxiliary has made a pledge to donate $350,000 to the 'Your hospital - Your Future' Campaign.
We have completed this pledge in just 2 years. The money we receive from the King's Bay bottle drive go towards this pledge.
Our donation is helping with the renovation of the Port Perry Hospital, which will improve the patient and staff experience.
The renovation includes making the existing washrooms accessible with wider doors to allow for someone using a walker or wheelchair to pass through.
It will also:
- Increase the number of private rooms available
- Provide for 4 rooms with finishes appropriate for palliative care patients
- Update the medical gas system to meet current standards
- Provide a larger quiet room for families
- Add sprinklers to the inpatient unit and lobby
Many thanks to the residents of Kings Bay for donating and the drivers for collecting and returning them to the beer store and for donating the raised money to the Auxiliary. Also thank you for adding these pictures and info to our website. It is a great idea to inform our neighbourhood.
Below are some pictures of the renovations our Bottle Drive helped fund
- 2017 Waste Calendar Now Available - The 2017 Recycling & Waste Collection Calendar is now available! You can pick yours up at your nearest Municipal Service Centre or Library.(Click Here to Download a Copy)
- REMINDER - City of Kawartha Lakes' proposed clear garbage bags policy - starting January 2017 the City of Kawartha Lakes will require all residents to use clear plastic garbage bags instead of the current dark green bags.(Read More)
- KBRA Food Drive - Thank you very much to the residents of Kings Bay for making the 6th annual KBRA food drive a tremendous success. Due to your generosity, the collection resulted in a large donation made to the Operation Scugog Food Bank. -The Collection Team (Picture Included)
|November 2015 to June 2016||$815.90|