Welcome to Kings Bay on the shores of Lake Scugog
- Hospital Renovation - The Port Perry Hospital Auxiliary has made a pledge to donate $350,000 to the 'Your hospital - Your Future' Campaign.
We have completed this pledge in just 2 years. The money we receive from the King's Bay bottle drive go towards this pledge.
Our donation is helping with the renovation of the Port Perry Hospital, which will improve the patient and staff experience.
The renovation includes making the existing washrooms accessible with wider doors to allow for someone using a walker or wheelchair to pass through.
It will also:
- Increase the number of private rooms available
- Provide for 4 rooms with finishes appropriate for palliative care patients
- Update the medical gas system to meet current standards
- Provide a larger quiet room for families
- Add sprinklers to the inpatient unit and lobby
Many thanks to the residents of Kings Bay for donating and the drivers for collecting and returning them to the beer store and for donating the raised money to the Auxiliary. Also thank you for adding these pictures and info to our website. It is a great idea to inform our neighbourhood.
Below are some pictures of the renovations our Bottle Drive helped fund
- 2017 Waste Calendar Now Available - The 2017 Recycling & Waste Collection Calendar is now available! You can pick yours up at your nearest Municipal Service Centre or Library.(Click Here to Download a Copy)
- REMINDER - City of Kawartha Lakes' proposed clear garbage bags policy - starting January 2017 the City of Kawartha Lakes will require all residents to use clear plastic garbage bags instead of the current dark green bags.(Read More)
- UPDATED - Bottle Drive Results - Below are the results of the Bottle Drive. We will update this every month, along with a running Total. Thanks for giving ! Remember to put out all returnable wine, beer(bottles and cans), and liquor bottles at the end of your driveway by Tuesday noon for pickup between 1 & 3 pm
- KBRA Food Drive - Thank you very much to the residents of Kings Bay for making the 6th annual KBRA food drive a tremendous success. Due to your generosity, the collection resulted in a large donation made to the Operation Scugog Food Bank. -The Collection Team (Picture Included)
|November 2015 to June 2016||$815.90|