Welcome to Kings Bay on the shores of Lake Scugog
|No Events Scheduled|
- NEW November 8 - Passing of Murray Wilson - Murray passed away peacefully on Saturday, November 4, 2017 at North York General Hospital in Toronto, at age 86. Murray Wilson, beloved husband of Thelma (nee Jones). Loved father of Sharon Fahner (Stephen), Terry (deceased), and Don (Jane). Loving grandfather of Jenna Morrison (Tyler), Brandon, Shawn, Sarah, Adam, and Daniel and great grandfather of Madelyn. Private arrangements have been entrusted to the Wagg Funeral Home in Port Perry. If desired, memorial donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario. Murray, a long time resident of Kings Bay, was one of the founders of the KBRA and the Newsletter Editor of the original resident's newsletter - The Spirit.
- NEW November 2 - Water - Our most precious resource - Interesting article from our Mayor Andy Letham on our water. (Read the article on the City's Website Newsroom)
- Fall Leaf/Yard Waste Pickup Date Changes - The City of Kawartha Lakes has changed the Fall Leaf and Yard waste pickup dates for us. It it is now Friday November 10 and Friday November 24 changed from October 27 and November 10 (reflected on the Recycling & Waste Collection Calendar - both paper copy and online). Please mark your calendars with the new dates........
- Salespeople Not Affiliated with the City of Kawartha Lakes - The City of Kawartha Lakes has been notified by concerned residents of persons approaching their homes and attempting to sell various drinking water filtration and purification equipment stating that the municipal drinking water is unsafe. This is not true; the City water supply meets all requirements as set out by the Safe Drinking Water Act and Ontario Regularion 169/03 which sets limits for microbiological, chemical and radiological standards. Please be advised that these individuals are not affiliated with the City. Residents should be cautious about allowing strangers into their homes and should scrutinize any Photo ID carefully. City staff carry identification that includes the City logo. In addition, City staff will never approach residents or businesses to sell any item. The City asks any residents who are approached by these individuals to call the City and report the incident. If you are given a business card, or see the name of the company this information would also be helpful. The Water and Wastewater Division continues to provide the highest quality of clean, dependable drinking water for residents of the City of Kawartha Lakes on muncipal water. Thank you. The City of Kawartha Lakes (Read More Stories on the Cities Website Newsroom)
- Kings Bay Water System Flushing - On Wednesday October 18, 2017the OCWA (Ontario Clean Water Agency) will be performing regularly scheduled flushing on the Kings Bay watermains and hydrants. Please note that flushing can cause discolored water however, this is not harmful. Should you experience this, please run your cold water tap until the water clears.
- Passing of Ken Tungatt - Sad news arrived yesterday regarding the sudden and unexpected passing of Ken Tungatt in Ladysmith British Columbia. He was 76 years of age. Ken and his wife Lindy moved to Vancouver Island from King's Bay in April of 2012. While in Seagrave, lived at 194 Southcrest Drive. Prior to that, they lived on Scugog Island. At this time, there are no details of a service. Cards of condolences can be sent to: Mrs. Lindy Tungatt 14-626 Farrell Road Ladysmith, B.C. V9G-0A2 Ken was a very happy and energetic man who always kept himself busy. Enjoy life folks. It can be gone in a flash! Kim and Linda Carr
- Passing of Roy LePage - August 25, 2017, It is with deep regret that Kings Bay has lost another one of our community pioneers. After a long and courageous battle with cancer and heart complications, Roy LePage passed away at the Brockville Hospital on Wednesday, August 23rd. 2017. Roy, and his wife and high school sweetheart Pat, had both recently been staying with family. Condolences can be sent to Pat and the entire LePage family at: Mrs. Pat LePage 14 Cedar St. Box # 62 Maitland, Ontario K0E1P0
- UPDATED November 30 - Bottle Drive Results - Below are the results of the Bottle Drive. We will update this every month, along with a running Total. Thanks for giving ! Remember to put out all returnable wine, beer(bottles and cans), and liquor bottles at the end of your driveway by Tuesday noon for pickup between 1 & 3 pm
- 2017 KBRA Annual General Meeting Minutes - to view the minutes from the AGM on May 10, 2017(CLICK HERE)
- Hospital Renovation - The Port Perry Hospital Auxiliary has made a pledge to donate $350,000 to the 'Your hospital - Your Future' Campaign.
We have completed this pledge in just 2 years. The money we receive from the King's Bay bottle drive go towards this pledge.
Our donation is helping with the renovation of the Port Perry Hospital, which will improve the patient and staff experience.
The renovation includes making the existing washrooms accessible with wider doors to allow for someone using a walker or wheelchair to pass through.
It will also:
- Increase the number of private rooms available
- Provide for 4 rooms with finishes appropriate for palliative care patients
- Update the medical gas system to meet current standards
- Provide a larger quiet room for families
- Add sprinklers to the inpatient unit and lobby
Many thanks to the residents of Kings Bay for donating and the drivers for collecting and returning them to the beer store and for donating the raised money to the Auxiliary. Also thank you for adding these pictures and info to our website. It is a great idea to inform our neighbourhood.
Below are some pictures of the renovations our Bottle Drive helped fund
- 2017 Waste Calendar Now Available - The 2017 Recycling & Waste Collection Calendar is now available! You can pick yours up at your nearest Municipal Service Centre or Library.(Click Here to Download a Copy)
- REMINDER - City of Kawartha Lakes' proposed clear garbage bags policy - starting January 2017 the City of Kawartha Lakes will require all residents to use clear plastic garbage bags instead of the current dark green bags.(Read More)
- KBRA Food Drive - Thank you very much to the residents of Kings Bay for making the 6th annual KBRA food drive a tremendous success. Due to your generosity, the collection resulted in a large donation made to the Operation Scugog Food Bank. -The Collection Team (Picture Included)
|November 2015 to December 2016||$1483.95|
|January to August 2017||$1033.69|
|October 2017||$129.00||November 2017||$108.30|